- Thursday 23rd of July 2015 09:14 AM
Download recent newsletters to read more about LPC programs and AMS information.
- Monday 20th of July 2015 04:21 PM
Get your cameras out and start snapping away or find that winning photo in your files because it’s time for the Best of the Bunch Photo Contest! Held each year during the Agricultural Media Summit it is named after Paul Andre, retired editor of BEEF magazine and long time coordinator of this contest. Cash prizes are awarded!
1) Enter each photograph in one of four
b) Livestock industry people
c) Livestock scenic (such as a landscape)
d) Digitally enhanced (the sky’s the limit!)
2) The photo contest committee reserves
the right to reassign entries to appropriate category, if necessary.
3) All photographs must be mounted on lightweight stock. Minimum size for entry is 8”x10” to 10”x12”. With the mounting, the maximum size of an entry can be no more than 11”x14”.
4) All photos must be identified with your name, affiliation and category. This should be typed or printed on white paper and affixed to the back of each photo. Unidentified photos will be disqualified.
5) All photos must ALSO be submitted digitally for use in the slideshow presentation of winners, along with your headshot.
6) There is no limit to the number of entries you may enter.
7) There will be a small entry fee ($5 per photo) but we have added larger cash prizes.
8) Entries will be taken until 9 a.m., Monday, July 27 at the registration desk.
9) You may enter without attending the Summit but contestants are responsible for making arrangements in getting their photo(s) returned.
1) All entries must be original un-retouched, “straight out of the
2) Those entering photos must work for a member publication of LPC (name must appear in the masthead) or be a service member of LPC. Student members of LPC are also eligible to enter.
3) Any photograph that has won a division in the Best of the Bunch contest previously is not eligible for entry.
1) Each category will pay $100/first; $50/second; $25/third.
2) The LPC Executive Committee has the discretion to select the directory cover photo from the winners of each category.
3) The winner of the “Best of the Bunch” will receive a canvas print of their winning entry.
1) LPC retains the right to use any of the photos submitted in the Best of the Bunch Photo Contest for publishing in print or on the web and can use the photo for a 1-time canvas printing.
2) ALL entries will go on the LPC web site and remain on there for
one year with your name attached to the entry. We feel that this is a way of "advertising" for your photo(s) and then it's also like an online "portfolio" for you.
For more information or questions contact:
Carrie Horsley firstname.lastname@example.org
Reba Underwood email@example.com
Carey Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday 9th of July 2015 09:29 AM
Go to www.agmediasummit.com to see the new list of attendees coming to Scottsdale. Is your name on there? Should it be?
- Tuesday 7th of July 2015 10:22 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to have an intern next summer and you don't have to use your own money? LPC has a great internship program where we pay you to pay them. Check out the forms and get your application in prior to July 24.
LPC will provide one selected member (Publication or Service) with funds to employ an intern in summer 2016. Any member may apply to serve as a host in the internship program, with the following details:
• $4,500 stipend from LPC for 10 weeks to be paid to the intern ($11.25/hour, based on a 40-hour work week)
• A three-judge panel consisting of representatives from LPC member organizations (not seeking an intern) will choose the winning applicant. Applications will be based on internship structure, student mentorship plans, breadth of experiences and publication/company need.
Read more in the student section at www.livestockpublications.com
All Categories (Last 30 days)
Ag Media Summit
Alaska for AMS?
LPC Critique Review
People in the News
Special Extreme Makeover Home Edition